#ATBC2018 Crowdfunding Workshop
Readings giving an excellent overview of crowdfunding for scientists:
- Vachelard J, Gambarra-Soares T, Augustini G, Riul P, Maracaja-Coutinho V (2016) A Guide to Scientific Crowdfunding. PLoS Biol 14(2): e1002373.http://tinyurl.com/hmp8fj3
- Wheat, R.E., Wang, Y., Byrnes, J.E. and Ranganathan, J., 2013. Raising money for scientific research through crowdfunding. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 28(2), pp.71-72.
- Byrnes JEK, Ranganathan J, Walker BLE, Faulkes Z (2014) To Crowdfund Research, Scientists Must Build an Audience for Their Work. PLoS ONE 9(12): e110329: http://tinyurl.com/ztfaum9
- Video by authors about Byrnes et al. 2014:http://youtu.be/lxpgfRR11w4
- Resources from SciFundChallenge.org
Resources for Video Production
Readings on Social Media for Scientists
- Bik HM, Goldstein MC (2013) An Introduction to Social Media for Scientists. PLoS Biol 11(4): e1001535. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.1001535
- Beth Kenkel. Social media as a scientist: a very quick guide
- Evan LePage. 13 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Profiles in One Hour or Less
- Chris Tachibana (Science Careers): A Scientist’s Guide to Social Media
Sample Crowdfunding campaigns
- Nick Dowhaniuk (UF Geography / Environmental & Global Health) is working with communities to improve health in northern Uganda.
- Suman Jumani (UF Soil and Water Science) is studying and conserving some of the last wild rivers in India